Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Best kitchen gadget ever

Okay, I don't normally jump to buy something just because someone somewhere says it's great, but I do have a thing about kitchen gadgets, and food, and kind of miss noodles so when I saw this julienne peeler I decided I had to have one. I couldn't wait for it to be posted to me so went to my local kitchenwares store and bought one (and a few other bits and pieces, of course!).

That night, we had pad thai, with prawns and chicken, and zucchini and carrot noodles. I'm not up to eating garlic or chilli or scallions yet, so I had to modify it a bit, and added some green beans too. Yum! yum, yum, yum! 3 days later, I had to have it again (as well as having had leftovers for lunch at work). In between times, we've had a beef stirfry (with zucchini and carrot noodles) rissoles with grilled (julienned) vegetables. Nothing is safe from being shredded into long thin noodle-like strands. I'm trying to figure out what else it will work on, and if I could make a relish with julienne vegetables... all coiled up into the jar...

...Anyway, back to the present.

If you are thinking of doing SCD, or just cutting back on your consumption of wheat or grains, zucchini noodles are the answer. You can have them with pasta sauces and stirfry and don't taste like vegetables, and even just steamed vegetables taste better cut into neat little strips. (I really have to start keeping my camera in the kitchen so I can show you... oh well... next time...)

25 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment